PREM: West Ham 2-2 West Brom

Gareth McAuley celebrates his last-gasp equaliser

Gareth McAuley's stoppage-time equaliser snatched a point for West Brom in a thrilling 2-2 draw against West Ham at London Stadium.

Nacer Chadli gave the visitors the lead in the sixth minute, but the Hammers were aggrieved that no foul was given on Sofiane Feghouli in the build-up. However, the hosts looked to have won it after turning the match on its head in the second half through strikes from Feghouli (64) and Manuel Lanzini (86).

The Baggies had other ideas, though, as Jonny Evans climbed highest to head a Chris Brunt corner goalwards in stoppage-time, with Gareth McAuley credited with having the final touch. Slaven Bilic was sent to the stands in the aftermath, joining his assistant in being banished from the touchline.

The draw leaves West Brom in eighth, but the Hammers drop to tenth. The Hammers were dealt a huge blow pre-match, with Andy Carroll missing out through injury, but it was down the other end that West Ham were punished with the Baggies' first attack of the match.

The home side were incensed when the referee overlooked a collision between Feghouli and Chris Brunt, where the West Brom man seemed to leave his foot in. With play continuing, James Morrison played the ball through for Chadli, who produced a brilliant piece of skill to round Cheikhou Kouyate, before firing through the legs of Darren Randolph in the Hammers' goal.

The hosts almost equalised five minutes later, but Ben Foster was at his best to superbly tip the ball around the post after Robert Snodgrass's free-kick had evaded everyone and was headed for the bottom corner. Salomon Rondon then rattled the crossbar with a volley from 20 yards, with Randolph well beaten.

Feghouli then had the ball in the net, flicking in after Winston Reid had scuffed an effort at goal, but he was denied by a raised flag from the referee's assistant. McAuley was down in the six-yard box, playing everyone on, hence the confusion. Either the referee's assistant did not see him or referee Michael Oliver had already blown for a foul on Foster.

Bilic's assistant Nikola Jurcevic raced down the touchline to confront the referee's assistant and earned himself a dismissal to the stands.

Michail Antonio should have done better from close range, but missed his kick, as the Baggies held on to the interval. In the second half, Bilic brough on Jonathan Calleri, switched the three at the back, giving the home side much more impetus.

The pressure told as Feghouli was on hand to net the equaliser after 63 minutes. Foster had done brilliantly to tip Lanzini's brilliant effort on to the crossbar, but Feghouli reacted quickest to convert rebound.

Foster then denied Calleri low to his right as the Hammers pushed for the winner, which looked to have come via the boot of Lanzini. Feghouli laid the ball back to Argentine, the Baggies backed off, but the strike was perfect from 25 yards, leaving Foster with no chance.

Deep into stoppage time, though, there was yet more drama. Bilic was already protesting about the awarding of the corner as Brunt stepped up to take it, Evans climbed highest, headed towards goal, with McAuley getting a touch to break Hammers' hearts.

This is a converted blog, not a website, no video streaming or broadcasting is done from this server or location
copyright White Rat Tv 2007 - 2016
Attention: Third parties may advertise their products and/or services on our website,we does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of their contents.
Your dealings with such third parties are solely between you and such third parties and we shall not be liable
in any way for any loss or damage of any sort incurred by you.