FA Cup: Tottenham 6-0 Millwall

Harry Kane was forced off with an injury in the first half

Tottenham signed off their final FA Cup game at White Hart Lane with a 6-0 quarter-final thrashing of League One Millwall - although an injury to Harry Kane will concern boss Mauricio Pochettino.

Heung-min Son bagged a hat-trick, while Dele Alli and substitutes Christian Eriksen and Vincent Janssen joined him on the scoresheet as Spurs sealed another trip to Wembley. However, Kane limped off in the first half with an ankle problem, following a clash with defender Jake Cooper.

Millwall, who had been unbeaten in 17 games and conceded just once in their last 10 prior to kick-off, had knocked out Premier League sides Bournemouth, Watford and Leicester en route to the quarter-finals but were on the back foot from the first whistle, with Harry Winks testing the visitors' 'keeper Tom King inside three minutes before Kane rifled at the shot-stopper from a tight angle.

However, the Tottenham striker was forced off with just seven minutes on the clock after being caught by Cooper and was replaced by Eriksen.
Alli had a penalty appeal waved away after going down under Tony Craig's challenge as he swivelled to shoot on 23 minutes before Millwall, who had been pegged back in their own half, carved out their first real opening two minutes later, when Lee Gregory chased down a long ball and Steve Morison shot wide from 20 yards.

Jan Vertonghen responded with an off target strike for the hosts before Eriksen produced a fine angled volley to break the deadlock, firing a loose ball low into the far corner from the right side of the box on 31 minutes.
Byron Webster headed Shaun Williams' free-kick wide as Millwall looked for an immediate response but they were fortunate not to fall two behind when Victor Wanyama headed Eriksen's corner onto the bar.

Spurs didn't have to wait long for their second, though. Picking the ball up on the right flank four minutes before the interval, Son cut inside Cooper and fired a superb left-foot shot into the opposite corner, leaving King with no chance.

Tottenham picked up where they left off after half-time, with Eriksen drawing a good stop from King before firing over the bar with another right-foot strike, and on 54 minutes they had their third, when Son expertly volleyed in Kieran Trippier's long ball forward into the box.
Millwall's best moment in the match came when Jed Wallace clipped substitute Fred Onyedinma's cutback wide but, after Son blasted over from close range at the other end, Alli made it four, slotting in at the back post from Eriksen's inviting low pass across the six-yard box.

Tottenham continued to apply the pressure and sub Janssen scored his first goal in open play for the north Londoners by clipping in Son's pass on 80 minutes.

The Dutchman should have had a second when he directed a close-range header at King and Son saw an injury-time drive sail high and wide. But the South Korean eventually got his hat-trick goal thanks to a goalkeeper error with the last kick of the game.

This is a converted blog, not a website, no video streaming or broadcasting is done from this server or location
copyright White Rat Tv 2007 - 2016
Attention: Third parties may advertise their products and/or services on our website,we does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of their contents.
Your dealings with such third parties are solely between you and such third parties and we shall not be liable
in any way for any loss or damage of any sort incurred by you.